Expression of Interest - Clocktower Centre Studio Residency 2019
Apply for Moonee Valley’s Clocktower Centre Studio Residency program here: http://bit.ly/StudioEOI
Applications close 5.00pm, Friday 4 January 2019.
Local artists, performers and community arts organisations are invited to apply for the City of Moonee Valley’s exciting new creative development and residency program at the Clocktower Centre.
Successful recipients will receive in-kind venue hire in the Clocktower Centre Studio for a period of 14 days along with marketing and events services, if required, to an agreed amount and staff support and advice from the performing arts team.
The Clocktower Centre Studio Residency program aims to support and foster creative work, develop arts practice or advance professional development and to facilitate access for our community to a wide range of art and cultural services within our local community.
There are two residencies available:
- Studio residency one: Monday, 4 February – Sunday, 17 February 2019
- Studio residency two: Monday, 25 February – Sunday, 10 March 2019
Clocktower Centre Studio
Centrally located in Moonee Ponds, the Clocktower Centre is a dedicated performing arts venue, encompassing a 505 seat proscenium arch theatre, meeting rooms and rehearsal studio. Managed by Moonee Valley City Council and supported by a professional team, the Clocktower Centre regularly hosts an active program of theatrical and musical performances.
View the Floor Plan here.
Expressions of Interest open: Wednesday, 5 December 2018
Expressions of Interest close: Friday, 4 January 2019
EOI Applicants notified by: Friday, 25 January 2019
Studio residency one: Monday, 4 February – Sunday, 17 February 2019
Studio residency two: Monday, 25 February – Sunday, 10 March 2019
We will endeavour to inform all applicants of the outcome of their application by 25 January 2019. If required, an interview may be part of the assessment before residency offers are made.
Who can apply
The Clocktower Studio Residency is open to local artists, performers or community arts organisations that wish to develop a creative work.
Residencies will not be awarded to commercial entities or immediate family (siblings or children) of Moonee Valley City Council employees and Councillors are ineligible to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to include at least one community outcome that can be offered to community members at no cost. For example a performance, open rehearsal, reading, exhibition or workshop within their application.
There are no restrictions when it comes to the medium or genre of the creative work, however activities that deliver greater community engagement will be viewed favourably. Expressions of interest will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The artistic merit of the project (40% weighting)
- The community benefit and outcome of the project (40% weighting)
- The viability of the artistic vision (10% weighting)
- The level of local community involvement (10% weighting)
How to apply
An Expression of Interest (EOI) application form can be downloaded here. Please complete and email all EOI’s to email@example.com by 5:00PM Friday 4 January, 2019.
Alternatively, you can apply online by visiting this link: http://bit.ly/StudioEOI
We will endeavour to inform all applicants of the outcome of their application by Friday, 25 January 2019. If required, an interview may be part of the assessment before residency offers are made.
Terms and conditions
- Public liability insurance (PLI) is compulsory. Applicants with existing PLI must be covered to the value of no less than $20 million, at all times while conducting the activities under the residency agreement. Council can arrange for community groups without existing PLI to be covered. These applicants shall bear the first $250.00 of each and every claim or series of claims arising out of any one occurrence.
- Recipients of the residency will be required to sign an agreement with the Clocktower Centre before beginning their residency. A signed copy of the residency agreement must be returned no later than Friday 25 January 2019.
- The community engagement component of the project must be delivered at no cost to the community.
- Any and all materials required for the creative work are the sole responsibility of the resident.
- Commercial entities or immediate family (siblings or children) of Moonee Valley City Council employees and Councillors are ineligible to apply.
For further information or to discuss in more detail, contact the Clocktower Centre on (03) 9243 8819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org